Design Process & Artifacts

The application was coded on Visual C# and tested on the Microsoft Surface simulator. None of us were able to successfully get the simulator to work on our personal machines, so a challenge of the project was needing to code on only a few specific machines in the lab.

Some problems we ran into while coding the application included a few subtle XAML bugs related to file paths and implementing accurate hit-testing.

Some of the critique that was raised about our initial concept was that the tokens of the planets are not useful throughout a user’s interactions with the system. Based on this critique, we decided to make the tokens more interesting and informative on their own. We decided to add weight to heavier planets and to cover gas planets with fluff to hint at their composition.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s